Monday, November 16, 2009

New York - Part 1

Many of you know that Jeff and I traveled with the Salem Alliance Staff to attend a conference in Nyack, New York. We are not staff, but they graciously allowed us to tag along. I was really excited to spend time with such a great group of people, and I was not disappointed. I mean to tell you, the staff of Salem Alliance Church are some of the kindest, most fun, tenderhearted, God seeking people I know. First of all, I haven't laughed that hard, so often, for a very long time. This group just really enjoys each other, and knows how to have a great time. Second, I got to know some people I hadn't really known before, and it was delightful. Pastors who show another side when they're leading a group through Times Square, young men with open hearts, women with relational gifts. . . I was thrilled and thoroughly enjoyed conversations, prayer times, debrief meetings, and meals with this fantastic group of people. And last, but not least, the staff of our church have hearts that are primed and ready to hear from God. These people entered into this conference with open hearts and minds - and I believe seized the moment for all God had for them. It was such a privilege to sit in the meetings and watch God's hand among us, both personally and corporately. My heart is full just describing it - what a wonderful, glorious time!

2 comments:

  1. Had a great time with you guys. Glad you were there to experience it with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing Jen...can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete