Thursday, February 3, 2011

So Long Self

Just a quick note to share a thought I had on my run yesterday.

So Long Self or More Like Falling in Love? Both are songs. Both are on my playlist. Both have been meaningful to me at some point or another.

So yesterday I'm running and I have the thought - I could focus on trying to focus less on myself (the theme of So Long Self) or I could focus on how much God loves me and what it means to fall in love with Him.

Both, I believe, will have the same results - a more full and rewarding life. One, however, will leave me striving and trying and probably failing, while the other leaves me at peace, with rest in my heart, knowing every day is just a new day to discover God's boundless love.

Guess I'd rather fall in love than beat myself over the head.

So for now, it's all about love, and not so much about working to say goodbye to my self-centered ways.

Just a thought.

Jen :)


No comments:

Post a Comment