Friday, February 18, 2011

What it doesn't say

This morning I read, again, in Isaiah 40 where it says, ". . . but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength."

This morning it struck me that there are many things that verse doesn't say. It doesn't say:

Those who -
Get enough sleep
Go to Bible study
Eat well
Make the right choices
Exercise regularly
Have perfect relationships
Read good books
Have "quiet time" every day
Memorize Scripture
Dig deep and try harder
Will renew their strength.

No.

It clearly says, "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength."

So, while the world will send you many messages, several of them good, I would like to add my little message to the barrage of information overwhelming your senses today.

Hope in the Lord.

Amen

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jen, I so needed to read & hear that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, what a great reminder! Thank you! (I'm so glad I listened to the nudge to take this peaceful time to catch up on your blog instead of that other nudge to go downstairs and eat whatever chocolate I could locate in my kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete